Updated: Jul 16
ARCB testing gives recognition on the national level. It distinguishes professionalism and brings credibility to the practitioner.
Registration and fees must be paid in full 60 days prior to the exam date. ARCB encourages 3 months of study before you exam date.
You have 12 months from completion of all portions of your Application (fee payments, and school verification forms, documentation) to schedule an exam date/location.
If you do not test within 2 years, a refund will be forfeited.
1. Be 18 years of age or older;
2. Have a high school diploma or the equivalent;
3. Have completed 30 hours of reflexology instruction with a receipt(s) of School Verification Form(s)
4. Complete ARCB Foot Certification - a passing grade of all exams.
The Hand Exam process involves five (5) major steps.
1) Submit the APPLICATION FORM
2) Pay the APPLICATION FEE of $150 (includes a non-refundable $50 processing and $65 background check) - see the SHOP tab for more information.
3) Submit the AUTHORIZATION TO RELEASE EDUCATION RECORDS -
4) Submit the SCHOOL VERIFICATION FORM
5) If you need testing accommodations please email ARCBoffices@gmail.com
The examination process is divided into 3 separate components:
Written Exam - The written test is broken down into two sections, “Anatomy & Physiology” and “Reflexology” and tests tests theoretical knowledge and analytical skills. The written exam consists of 150 questions. The time limit for the hand exam is ninety (90) minutes.
Practical - tests ability to find reflex points, techniques including pressure & flow and communication skills. The practical exam consists of a 15–20-minute hands-on examination in which the candidate works on and communicates with the proctor. Practical skill is judged on the same components defined on the foot exam.
Documentations - tests the ability to document and make professional assessments. Candidates will submit 20 documentations, preferably for 10 clients seen twice for a total of 20 one-hour sessions. You may submit the documentation portion of your exam either before or up to 6 months after taking the written exam. Please submit a PDF of your Client Notes to ARCBoffices@gmail.com. Applicants may use SOAP notes drafted while in school. The notes must be on ARCB forms.
If an applicant fails one or two portions of the exam (written, practical or documentation) a re-test fee of $75.00 is charged for each failed portion. If all three portions of the exam are failed, a retest fee of $150.00 is charged.
CANCELLATION BY CERTIFICANT
Certificant will notify ARCB prior to examination date with reasons for cancellation. Reasons may include medical emergencies, death in the family or any unforeseen events. All are considered on a case-by-case basis. The applicant must reschedule within one year or forfeit the refund.